Tableau is a powerful and fastest growing data visualization tool used in the Business Intelligence Industry. It helps in simplifying raw data into the very easily understandable format. Data analysis is very fast with Tableau and the visualizations created are in the form of dashboards and worksheets.
Tableau provides solutions for all kinds of industries, departments, and data environments. Following are some unique features which enable Tableau to handle diverse scenarios.
- Speed of Analysis − As it does not require high level of programming expertise, any user with access to data can start using it to derive value from the data.
- Self-Reliant − Tableau does not need a complex software setup. The desktop version which is used by most users is easily installed and contains all the features needed to start and complete data analysis.
- Visual Discovery − The user explores and analyzes the data by using visual tools like colors, trend lines, charts, and graphs. There is very little script to be written as nearly everything is done by drag and drop.
- Blend Diverse Data Sets − Tableau allows you to blend different relational, semistructured and raw data sources in real time, without expensive up-front integration costs. The users don’t need to know the details of how data is stored.
- Architecture Agnostic − Tableau works in all kinds of devices where data flows. Hence, the user need not worry about specific hardware or software requirements to use Tableau.
- Real-Time Collaboration − Tableau can filter, sort, and discuss data on the fly and embed a live dashboard in portals like SharePoint site or Salesforce. You can save your view of data and allow colleagues to subscribe to your interactive dashboards so they see the very latest data just by refreshing their web browser.
- Centralized Data − Tableau server provides a centralized location to manage all of the organization’s published data sources. You can delete, change permissions, add tags, and manage schedules in one convenient location. It’s easy to schedule extract refreshes and manage them in the data server. Administrators can centrally define a schedule for extracts on the server for both incremental and full refreshes.
1. Introduction and Overview
- Why Tableau? Why Visualization?
- Level Setting – Terminology
- Getting Started – creating some powerful visualizations quickly
- The Tableau Product Line
- Things you should know about Tableau
2. Getting Started
- Connecting to Data and introduction to data source concept
- Working with data files versus database server
- Understanding the Tableau workspace
- Dimensions and Measures
- Using Show Me!
- Tour of Shelves (How shelves and marks work)
- Building Basic Views
- Help Menu and Samples
- Saving and sharing your work
- Creating Views
- Size and Transparency
- Working with Dates
- Date aggregations and date parts
- Discrete versus Continuous
- Dual Axis / Multiple Measures
- Combo Charts with different mark types
- Geographic Map Page Trails
- Heat Map
- Density Chart
- Scatter Plots
- Pie Charts and Bar Charts
- Small Multiples
- Working with aggregate versus disaggregate data
- Sorting & Grouping
- Filtering and Quick Filters
- Cross-Tabs (Pivot Tables)
- Totals and Subtotals Drilling and Drill Through
- Aggregation and Disaggregation
- Percent of Total
- Working with Statistics and Trend lines
4. Getting Started with Calculated Fields
- Working with String Functions
- Basic Arithmetic Calculations
- Date Math
- Working with Totals
- Custom Aggregations
- Logic Statements
- Options in Formatting your Visualization
- Working with Labels and Annotations
- Effective Use of Titles and Captions
- Introduction to Visual Best Practices
6. Building Interactive Dashboard
- Combining multiple visualizations into a dashboard
- Making your worksheet interactive by using actions and filters
- An Introduction to Best Practices in Visualization
- Once you complete this master’s program, you will receive the course completion certificate by DICS PITAMPURA
DICS PITAMPURA Course Completion Certificate will be awarded upon the completion of the project work (after the expert review) and upon scoring at least 50% marks in the quiz. DICS PITAMPURA certification is well recognized in top MNCs .
- Data Analyst,
- Business Analyst,
- Data Insight Business Analyst,
- Data Intelligence Engineer,
- Data Analyst (Forecasting),
- Data Visualization Analyst,
- IT System Analyst,
- Operations Analyst,
- Quantitative Analyst,
- Digital Marketing Manager